• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vvdatasrc/getData: API Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vvdatasrc/getData: API Failure

I modified a data source I'm using for a grid... Now I cannot open the grid in NAB - I get the message above after 30 seconds or so.
    However, I can open the app and it works just fine. When I edit the data source itself, everything seems ok and it's relatively fast.

I saw the other post related to this error. I'm in the Portal Logs, but I can't seem to click on the log and see the SQL statement.

Do you have the logging turned on?

Screen Shot 2023-05-12 at 9.33.21 AM.png

Comment

Yes... but mine doesn't indicate that it's "running"..

Correction... NOW, it does indicate that it's running... HMM.
      Logging.png

Comment

I found a statement with Duration 444477...

SQL is
        Code:
        SELECT count(1) FROM icprtmia JOIN v_pltqty ON v_pltqty.com_nbr = iacom# and v_pltqty.part_nbr = iaprt# JOIN v_dftwhs ON v_dftwhs.com_nbr = iacom# LEFT JOIN v_lastrcpt ON v_lastrcpt.com_nbr = iacom# and v_lastrcpt.part_nbr = iaprt# and v_lastrcpt.whs_nbr = v_dftwhs.dft_whs WHERE (iaactf = '+')
        I run this in RUNSQL Scripts and it takes 522 ms

Comment

What happens if you change the data source to use a sort sequence of *HEX? This is in the "Advanced" section of the save window...
          sort_sequence.jpg

https://www.cnxcorp.com/blog/your-users-need-speed

Comment

That worked!
            I'm going to also sort one of my views... it contains aggregate (max) function.
            [Update] - that is not allowed.

So is it OK to leave it with this sort?

Comment

You should be fine -- the linked blog post explains what's going on with that setting.

TLDR: For very large files, if you don't care about case-sensitivity in any character fields in your WHERE or ORDER BY clauses, *HEX will typically run faster. The main downside to *HEX is that "aaAA" and "AAaa" are treated as distinctly different values and thus sorted apart from each other, whereas with *LANGIDSHR they're treated as identical.

Comment

Robert - I'm experiencing a problem with my grid search when using *HEX. The search only seems to work with numbers (even if I type the text observing upper/lower case).
                If I change back to *LANGIDSHR my search works perfectly.

Example... my grid shows part numbers with descriptions. One of the descriptions is
                Mega Cyborg Hand
                With *HEX, I search for "Cyb" and it finds nothing.
                With *LANGIDSHR, I search for "cyb" and find two results.

This occurs on 6.1 and 6.2

Comment

Can you look at the log and post what the SQL select statement shows for the grid load that's not working?

Comment

Code:
                    COUNT statement: SELECT count(1) FROM icprtmia JOIN v_dftwhs ON v_dftwhs.com_nbr = iacom# JOIN icbalmie ON iecom# = iacom# and iewhs# = dft_whs and ieprt# = iaprt# JOIN v_pltqty ON v_pltqty.com_nbr = iacom# and v_pltqty.part_nbr = iaprt# LEFT JOIN v_lastrcpt ON v_lastrcpt.com_nbr = iacom# and v_lastrcpt.part_nbr = iaprt# and v_lastrcpt.whs_nbr = v_dftwhs.dft_whs WHERE (iaactf = '+') AND ( (ICPRTMIA.IACOM# = '046') AND ( ( IACOM# LIKE '%CYB%' OR IAPRT# LIKE '%CYB%' OR IA101 LIKE '%CYB%' OR IELOC1 LIKE '%CYB%' OR IELOC2 LIKE '%CYB%' OR IELOC3 LIKE '%CYB%' ) ) )
                    Code:
                    SELECT iacom# AS com_nbr, iaprt# AS part_nbr, dft_whs, ia101 AS part_desc, iacnv4 AS case_qty, iaum4 AS case_uom, iaptw AS case_wid, iaptl AS case_len, iaptv AS case_vol, iapth AS case_hgt, iaptw AS part_wid, iaptl AS part_len, iapth AS part_hgt, iaptwt AS part_wgt, round(iaptwt * iacnv4, 2) AS case_wgt, ieloc1 AS aisle, ieloc2 AS bin, ieloc3 AS level, rec_date, plt_qty, CASE WHEN ( iaptw <= 0.01 or iaptw <= 0.01 or iaptl <= 0.01 or iaptwt <= 0.01 or rec_date is NULL ) and iarcc8 <> 'RPL' THEN 'Y' ELSE 'N' END AS need_dims, iarcc8, rrn(ICPRTMIA) AS rrn1, rrn(ICBALMIE) AS rrn3 FROM icprtmia JOIN v_dftwhs ON v_dftwhs.com_nbr = iacom# JOIN icbalmie ON iecom# = iacom# and iewhs# = dft_whs and ieprt# = iaprt# JOIN v_pltqty ON v_pltqty.com_nbr = iacom# and v_pltqty.part_nbr = iaprt# LEFT JOIN v_lastrcpt ON v_lastrcpt.com_nbr = iacom# and v_lastrcpt.part_nbr = iaprt# and v_lastrcpt.whs_nbr = v_dftwhs.dft_whs WHERE (iaactf = '+') AND ( (ICPRTMIA.IACOM# = '046') AND ( ( IACOM# LIKE '%CYB%' OR IAPRT# LIKE '%CYB%' OR IA101 LIKE '%CYB%' OR IELOC1 LIKE '%CYB%' OR IELOC2 LIKE '%CYB%' OR IELOC3 LIKE '%CYB%' ) ) ) fetch first 25 rows only optimize for 25 rows

Comment

Looks like it's upper-casing "CYB" in the WHERE clause, so no surprise it's returning nothing in *HEX sort.

Per chance do you have the filter field set to upper case the value?

Comment

This isn't a filter... it is the "Search" field in the grid. I have it set to "contains". And no, it is not uppercase. I typed "cyb".
                        search.png

Comment

The log statement looks the same if i change back to *DEFAULT

Code:
                          SELECT iacom# AS com_nbr, iaprt# AS part_nbr, dft_whs, ia101 AS part_desc, iacnv4 AS case_qty, iaum4 AS case_uom, iaptw AS case_wid, iaptl AS case_len, iaptv AS case_vol, iapth AS case_hgt, iaptw AS part_wid, iaptl AS part_len, iapth AS part_hgt, iaptwt AS part_wgt, round(iaptwt * iacnv4, 2) AS case_wgt, ieloc1 AS aisle, ieloc2 AS bin, ieloc3 AS level, rec_date, plt_qty, CASE WHEN ( iaptw <= 0.01 or iaptw <= 0.01 or iaptl <= 0.01 or iaptwt <= 0.01 or rec_date is NULL ) and iarcc8 <> 'RPL' THEN 'Y' ELSE 'N' END AS need_dims, iarcc8, rrn(ICPRTMIA) AS rrn1, rrn(ICBALMIE) AS rrn3 FROM icprtmia JOIN v_dftwhs ON v_dftwhs.com_nbr = iacom# JOIN icbalmie ON iecom# = iacom# and iewhs# = dft_whs and ieprt# = iaprt# JOIN v_pltqty ON v_pltqty.com_nbr = iacom# and v_pltqty.part_nbr = iaprt# LEFT JOIN v_lastrcpt ON v_lastrcpt.com_nbr = iacom# and v_lastrcpt.part_nbr = iaprt# and v_lastrcpt.whs_nbr = v_dftwhs.dft_whs WHERE (iaactf = '+') AND ( (ICPRTMIA.IACOM# = '046') AND ( ( IACOM# LIKE '%CYB%' OR IAPRT# LIKE '%CYB%' OR IA101 LIKE '%CYB%' OR IELOC1 LIKE '%CYB%' OR IELOC2 LIKE '%CYB%' OR IELOC3 LIKE '%CYB%' ) ) ) fetch first 25 rows only optimize for 25 rows
                          This statement really shouldn't be considered "slow"... It is very fast in the app when I use *DEFAULT

Comment

Okay, it appears the global search is upper casing all character strings. We're looking into this.

As a workaround, perhaps you could create a filter over that specific column containing the "Cyborg" text? It would be a bit more efficient to not force the SQL engine to look in every single character column for that string.

Comment

That works for now... the only problem is that the filter is case-sensitive. The search option is not case-sensitive. With the item description field that can be a problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X