• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fusion5250 under IBM OS version 7.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusion5250 under IBM OS version 7.5

We have a new IBM i running OS V7R5. There are subtle changes in the new IBM i because Fusion5250 no longer works. The first problem is the submit of the Fusion batch jobs fails with missing user profile because the default user on JOBD QZHBHTTP is now set to *RQD whereas in previous release the user profile was set to QTMHHTTP. so the submit job errors out. After changing the JOBD to set the default user ID the SBMJOB command no longer errors but there is still no Fusion batch jobs running.

I have checked the various Valence log files and they report no errors. The Fusion page appears and the cursor is there on a black background but no responses come from IBM backend.

Peter

Did you copy the Valence installation (library, ifs, etc) from one IBM i to another? If you did there might be some additional setup you need to do. One common problem is that if you set up the custom VVFUSION subsystem by following this blog post https://www.cnxcorp.com/blog/introdu...een-screen-web then you need to make sure it's also set up on the new IBM i. Check that first and let me know, then we'll go from there.

Comment

I installed a completely new vanilla version of Valence on the new machine using the 7.4 build (we had 7.3 before). Then I used VVMIGRATE to import the navigation to apps and user settings and checked all the hooks we implemented for customization. We don't use custom settings for VVFUSION subsystem. We also installed the SSL certificate.

If I could trace what VVFUSION is doing to submit the daemon jobs I could provide more information. Otherwise, happy to have interactive session...

Peter

Comment

Working...
      X