• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NAB vvdatasrc/getData: API failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAB vvdatasrc/getData: API failure

Hello there,

I've been working on developing a new NAB app and have run into a situation. I can no longer open up a particular grid widget for editing. Any attempt to do so will cause it to spin for 30 seconds or so and then pop-up a message saying "vvdatasrc/getData: API failure". We recently upgraded to the latest version of Valence hoping it would fix this issue but no luck. We have looked everywhere we can think of to see if we can find the error but can't find anything of note. This includes VVGENLOG, the Errors app in Valence, the job log of the server job handling this request, and the frontend debugger in the browser. This has been going on for about a week now. We held off on reporting it until some of the other Valence bugs from the latest updates were sorted out. I have attached a screenshot of the error.

Do you know the cause of this or can you help us fix this?

Thank you.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Can you attempt to edit the widget with Dev Tools > Network open? Then maybe with a screenshot of the failed call (showing the Preview or Response tab).

Comment

Here's an attempt with the 3 relevant debug windows. I can send you the relevant HAR file as well. I originally attempted to upload it but there is possibly sensitive information in it so I don't want to post it to the forums.

Screenshot 2022-04-13 114147.pngScreenshot 2022-04-13 114127.pngScreenshot 2022-04-13 114106.png
      Last edited by Player1st; 04-13-2022, 01:46 PM. Reason: Added HAR file

Comment

Looks like the response is timing out after 30 seconds. Is this a long running data source? Click the menu button next to the data source and select Miscellaneous > Cache.

Once the data source caches, then attempt to open the widget again.

Comment

OK so caching does allow the grid to open but I'm not sure why. To get initial results, it only takes a half second or so. It does take a while to get ALL results but I've generally found editing grids in NAB to only pull in 20 or so rows which should be almost instantaneous on this data source. On top of that, when I hit the button to Cache the data source it only processed for about 2 seconds. Normally large data sources take quite a bit longer to complete the cache.

Comment

Maybe your grid has initial filter values that is causing a new index to be built in order to serve the data?

Comment

I didn't think you could even do that at the grid level. This grid has no filters on it though. All filtering is done through behaviors in the full app. The only thing I could think of is that it does have color settings on individual fields. Other than that, its a pretty standard grid.

Comment

I would suggest turning on NAB sql logging in Portal Admin > Settings. Next, navigate to Portal Admin > Logs and click the button to start logging if it is not already active.

Go back to your data source and remove the cache and then try to open the widget again. This failed call should then be available in Portal Admin > Logs and you can extract the SQL statement that is run under the Log Data tab.

Then copy this statement out and run it outside of Valence to see how it performs.

2022-04-13_17-25-02.png

Comment

Working...
                X