• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unwanted Unicode translation in SetError()

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unwanted Unicode translation in SetError()

I have a Form Helper program doing validation of Part IDs (our SKU) against our Part Master File. If Not Found I am embedding the Part Number into the SetError message. If the ID (defined as a 10A) happens to start with 4 characters between 0000 and FFFF, it is being unicode-translated instead of displayed naturally.

For example if a composed txtErrorMsg is "Part ID 0041999 not found",
    then SetError('PARTID' : txtErrorMsg)
    is rendering as 'Part ID A999 not found".

Actually, it has nothing to do with my Part ID.
    I experimented and coded a completely literal message:
    SetError('PARTID' : 'Experiment 0041 0042 0043')
    which rendered "Experiment A B C'
    ​​​​​​​

Hi,

This has been fixed in Valence 6.1

Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the report...we will get this fixed for the next update. Unfortunately an update was just put out today so it will have to wait.

In the meantime, this is an easy fix if you wanted to apply it yourself. Just send an email to support@cnxcorp.com if you want the instructions to apply the fix.

Comment

I may have added confusion with my last post. As Johnny mentioned this is fixed in 6.1. However, we can supply you the fix for 6.0 if you were not ready to upgrade for some reason.

Comment

Working...
        X