• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fire Global Event and Global Event Listener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Global Event and Global Event Listener

I'm having an issue firing a global event that is called when using a pop up app that closes when successful and fires a global event.

I haven't had this issue before, and the only noticeable difference is that in this instance, I have the app that is calling the pop up within a 'Main' app...

Example:

- Main App calls/launches helper app 'Two' within section (Link) of Main App
    - App 'Two' calls pop up app for data entry. when save is successful -> close pop up and fire global event in App 'Two'

I've been able to trigger an event from the pop up app to the main app... but not from pop up app to helper app within the main app..

I've also tried using that successful trigger in the main app to then trigger something in the helper app but no success...

Is there something I'm missing? Should we be able to fire a global event on an app regardless if it is linked or embedded within another app?

please help!

Thanks!

Is the "pop-up app" a popup defined within "App Two" using the URL Widget in a popup, or just an application defined in the portal with "Start this App in a New: Popup Window"?

Comment

it is just an application defined in the portal with Start this App in a New: Popup Window

Comment

FYI, I switched over and tried using the URL widget in a popup and I'm having the same issue in firing a global event.

Comment

Yes, I was able to replicate this bug. We need to dig into this one and see what is going on. We will report back when we have more information.

Comment

Great. Thanks, Johnny!

Comment

Ok, the issue with global events going down to apps running within applications has been fixed and will be available in the next 6.2 update.

If you don't want to wait for the update, please reach out to support, and we can supply you with the fix. Thanks for letting us know

Comment

Will do. Thanks for the prompt fix and response, Johnny.

Comment

This seems to have temporarily solved the issue... when I close app 2 within my main app to return to the main app, then I proceed to call app 2 for something else, the bug comes up again and global events are no longer triggered...

Comment

We will attempt to replicate on our end. Is the second app embedded in the first application via a URL widget?

Comment

It is embedded in the first app. Thanks

Comment

Can we schedule a quick online meeting? I am unable to replicate this. App A calls embedded app B, which is in a window. Once a row is clicked in app B, it fires an event that updates app A's app bar title. I did this multiple times, and each time app A's app bar title was changed correctly. Please send an email to support.

Comment

Sure thing. I just sent an email to support requesting to schedule an online meeting.

Can you make sure I get a response? Last time I made a request for a meeting I did not receive a response. Thank you, Johnny.

Comment

Correction. I did receive a response on my last request. It simply got buried in my inbox. My apologies.

Thanks for scheduling a call to resolve this issue.

Comment

Working...
                            X