• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valence 1_1_20080711_0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valence 1_1_20080711_0

Well, here we are, the next release (1.1) of Valence! Valence has only been out for nine weeks but we felt it was important to get this next release out as soon as possible to bring in new features many of you have asked for. There are lots of customer projects going on with the early adopters of Valence. As soon as I can get my head above water I'll post some info on those. To download Valence visit http://www.cnxcorp.com/valence/try/

Version:
    1_1_20080711_0
    Release Date: 2008-07-11

Features Added:
    • System i User ID Integration - Optionally integrate System i user ID's with Valence user ID's. See Rob Swanson's posts on the subject: http://forums.cnxcorp.com/showthread.php?t=18
    • Support for International CCSID's - Valence will now detect the job CCSID and adjust its JSON formatting alogorithms to ensure the correct output.
    • Added Demo 09 - Demo 09 demonstrates how to program a paging grid based on the key value of a file, similar to a page-at-a-time subfile.
    • Added Demo 10 - Demo 10 demonstrates how to program a paging grid that uses sql on the backend, similar to a page-at-a-time subfile but also adding remote sort by any column and a search function.
    • Added Demo 11 - Demo 11 demonstrates how to use the toCSV procedure to take any grid and download to Excel.

Bugs Corrected:
    • Large Packed Field JSON Conversions - A bug in the toJSON procedure would sometimes cause packed fields with more than 10 significant digits to be rendered as the wrong value. This has been corrected.
    • Misc - Other small fixes were incorporated into this release.

Upgrade Instructions:

This version will install in a new library named VALENCE11 and a new ifs path at /valence-1.1 and use a new server instance named VALENCE11. Assuming you have followed standard Valence design methodologies your development should be in VALENCEDEV and /valence-dev. Simply add your Valence development directives to the new VALENCE11 Apache server instance as you did with the previous version. NOTE: This new version of Valence runs by default on port 7011. If you need assistance with installation please email support@cnxcorp.com.
Working...
X