• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Browser Side Group Authority

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browser Side Group Authority

The server side is able to determine whether a user has authority to a group using the vvSecure_isAuthorized call.

How do get the browser side code to behave differently depending on if the User is authorized to a Group or not?

For example:
    Code:
      if (Valence.user.isAuthorized(1001, 'GROUP') ) {
        Valence.tab.showTab(1001);
      } else {
        Valence.tab.showTab(1002);
      };

If I needed to do this I would just make my own Valence RPG procedure to go to the Valence portal authorization file VVAUQ100 and return to the front-end what the groups are assigned to this user, or pass your group number to your RPG procedure and just return back a Y/N if it's assigned.

Comment

The security really should be a function of the portal.

Comment

vvSecure_isAuthorized is really the correct way to determine if the user is authorized to something, as you already stated in your first post. Creating an RPG action to return that to the front-end would be quite simple, it's just not built into the front-end side of the portal. The navigation area builds the list of authorized apps on the backend so the front-end never normally needs to know what the user is or is not authorized to until it's actually called. But I see in your case you want to know before actually attempting to launch something. Could be a good enhancement. I will move this thread to the Feature Requests section of the forum. In the meantime if you have support you can contact support@cnxcorp.com and one of the developers can put something together for you to use on a temporary basis until the feature shows up in a future version of Valence.

Comment

Working...
        X