• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lastest version of ExtJS 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lastest version of ExtJS 4

I read several items on the ExtJS 4 forum. They referred to ExtJS 4.0.2 and bugs this version fixed. I noticed that the current version of ExtJS 4 is 4.0.5. Is it safe to load the 4.0.x version in place or in addition to the 4.0.1 library you have for us? How soon will you put in the latest 4.0.x version? I am hoping that the bug fixes that Sencha puts in in sub releases can be put into the Valence product quickly, hopefully we can put them in and CNX can worry only about the next version of ExtJS (4.1?).

We have to be very careful about pushing new versions of Ext JS into Valence. On our development system when we moved from 4.0.1 to 4.0.2a some things stopped working and it was too close to release time to work them out so we reverted back to 4.0.1. This has happened before too. In general, every time we release an updated build we will try to move up to the latest Ext JS version, as long as it is stable. I would recommend against trying to plug in a version obtained through Sencha into Valence unless you are trying to fix a specific problem. There's also the question of licensing. You are licensed to whatever is included with Valence but not to code you obtain independently through Sencha.

Comment

Working...
    X