• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ability to add Nav tree as sub-item

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ability to add Nav tree as sub-item

We use green screen menus that are grouped by type of function performed and then we give those menus to users. To assist the users we also put menu options to the other menus they can access. This gives us the abilty to define one menu and assign to many different individuals.

It would make the maintenance simpler to allow the same type of feature with the nav trees.

Thanks, Matt

You can already do something similar to this with the nav tree. I would recommend you put all your options on one nav tree. Create a folder or set of folders on the nav tree for each of your old menus and put your options in the new folders accordingly. Next, create a group for each of your folders (menus) and put in the respective options. You can then assign all your users to the same nav tree and just specify what group(s) they have authorization to. When they log in they will only see the folders on the nav tree to which they have access.

Comment

Hi

I see a good reason moving from version 2 to 3
      I have to recreate my Nav tree that I had copied from the *MASTER to have every thing in to it. Then added my development and test with a custom folder.
      What a surprise I had, after migrating to version 3, not seeing any touch example until I log with vvadmin witch use the new *MASTER tree

Sub-tree would be nice to have in that case

Comment

Working...
      X