• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vvsysutil action: actOnSpoolFile act:VIEW - user security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vvsysutil action: actOnSpoolFile act:VIEW - user security

In Valence 4.1 I wrote a spool file viewer that shows only a users spool files for viewing, converting to PDF, TXT or deleting etc.etc. I used the vvsysutil program in valence for the viewing. It is requiring that the user have *SPLCTL authority, I can't give this to the users. Can it check to see if the user has authority to just the one spool file only ? Below is the code for the view. This code is from your spool file viewer except the highlighting using a search field. Thanks Jim Malugin and also thanks for the enhancements we requested in Valence42.

onFileGridItemDblClick: function(dataview, record, item, index, e, eOpts) {

var me = this;
    var myField = Ext.ComponentQuery.query('#highLightText')[0];
    var search = myField.getValue();
    var htmlhigh = ' ';
    Ext.Ajax.request({
    url: '/valence/vvcall.pgm',
    params: {
    pgm: 'vvsysutil',
    action: 'actOnSpoolFile',
    act: 'VIEW',
    textfile: true,
    splnum: record.get('SFFNBR'),
    splname: record.get('SFFILE'),
    jobname: record.get('SFJNAM'),
    jobnumber: record.get('SFJNBR'),
    jobuser: record.get('SFUSER')
    },
    scope: me,
    success: function(response) {
    var html = response.responseText.replace(/ /g, "&nbsp;").replace(/\n/g,"<br>"); // add line feeds compress out spaces
    if (search.length > 0){
    htmlhigh = html.replace((new RegExp('('+search+')', 'gi')), '<span class="highlight">$1</span>');
    } else {
    htmlhigh = html;
    }
    Ext.widget('spoolfileview',{
    rec : record,
    title : record.get('SFFILE'),
    html : htmlhigh,
    }).show();

}
    });

Moved this thread to "feature requests"...

Agreed that the VVSYSUTIL program is being a bit over-zealous in requiring *SPLCTL authority for any spool file action. For the next 4.2 maintenance build we'll adjust the program so *SPLCTL is no longer required for merely viewing or downloading a spool file. It will only be necessary for the user to have authority to the spool file itself.

Since you're an Enterprise customer, if you're in a hurry you can email support to get a save file of the updated program.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by robert.swanson View Post
      Moved this thread to "feature requests"...

Agreed that the VVSYSUTIL program is being a bit over-zealous in requiring *SPLCTL authority for any spool file action. For the next 4.2 maintenance build we'll adjust the program so *SPLCTL is no longer required for merely viewing or downloading a spool file. It will only be necessary for the user to have authority to the spool file itself.

Since you're an Enterprise customer, if you're in a hurry you can email support to get a save file of the updated program.
      Thanks Robert

Comment

Working...
      X