• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buttons : enable / Disable based on a condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buttons : enable / Disable based on a condition

2 suggestions that are in the same context
    1. i now ran into a case where kind a missed the option on buttons to be able to either enable / disable button based on a condition.

(similar to what is now possible with the buttons on the row menu )..

2. Also : in the row menu.. the condition is now based on data source fields only.

would also be nice if it were possible to check conditions with app variables..

Maybe some extra clarification: i know one can disable / enable button via the RPG program

But in my case it is with the checkbox row selection.. which is now enabled when as soon as a row gets selected.

Depending on the authority of the user, i'd like to prevent the user processing records.

I would either need to be able to remove the checkbox row selection, or either disable the button that launches the processing.

(the button is now automatically activated when a row is selected... (no possibility to add other conditions)

i currently solved it by testing the authority after clicking the process button and returning a message when not authorized.
    but i would look cleaner if either button remains disabled or checkbox is disabled

Comment

Hi Thierry,

In the next 6.1 update we have added two new features to the Grid/Edit Grid when checkbox row selections are enabled
      1. Link To App Variables - New option under General named "checkboxSel" so you can enable/disable all the rows checkboxes based on your app variable
      2. Condition - That will enable/disable the checkbox for the row based on the rows data
      Hopefully one of these new features will help

Thanks

Comment

I now have a need for number 2 in ThierryC's post.
        I have been using Row Menu option for some navigation in my app. I already have conditions on what options are available based on the grid's values.
        Now what I'm trying to do is enable an option based on a lookup to a control file done in the startup RPG program. The startup program checks if I want this row menu available for a user, and sets an appVar. I was using just a simple 'Y' for an appVar and I was hoping I could add a condition {Enable} === 'Y' but I can only use grid values. (Enable would be an appVar) I can add this to the view that is used to populate the grid which is what I'll do to get this working but will it be possible to also reference appVars in the conditional statements for row menu options?
        Thanks guys.

Comment

Hi,

Row menu button conditions via app vars is on our feature request list

Thanks

Comment

If you have an immediate need for this and the grid widget isn't in a popup let us know and we might have a js script that you could use to accomplish this in the meantime

Comment

After further review think it's best to wait until this feature is release since I am finding the script to be unreliable;

Comment

Working...
              X