• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Return Values from Button Pgm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return Values from Button Pgm

Currently, we can set true and false responses coming back from the Button program.... I have an application in which I'm already routing processing in behaviors based on true & false, so I have a need for a third option. Is there anything I can do currently in NAB??

I suppose I may be able to add a Script and change the routing based on an appvar, but that seems like a ot of effort...

thanx

Maybe dependent on your need. You can set all of your possible actions (in behaviors) under the "success" property and then attach a feature name to each group of actions.
    Then your RPG program could call disableFeature / enableFeature appropriately.

Comment

i'll give it a try.... thanx

Comment

close..... what i really need is a Hide/Show.... by using DF, the behavior still goes to the Hide/Show under true, but just doesn't show the widget --- so I get a blank screen....

Comment

Ahh, I see. We only allow one Hide/Show action. Have to think on this one.

Comment

ok.... i got around it for now but it's hokey

thx

Comment

For Valence 6.1, the widgets/sections touched by any Hide/Show action will be listed out individually under the "Security" section. This way you can set a feature name on any individual hide/show action rather than the group as a whole.

For example, suppose your Hide/Show is specified to show both Widget A and Widget B. Currently, you can only specify a feature name against the Hide/Show action itself which includes showing both widgets. For 6.1, the "show" of Widget A and the "show" of Widget B will be broken out so you may specify a feature name to any individual action.

Comment

awesome..... Thanx

Dan

Comment

Working...
                X