• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nitro IFS explorer parameters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nitro IFS explorer parameters

Hi CNX team,
    Congratulations for the job done in NAB.
    It will be nice to have parameters in Nitro IFS explorer (like we have in Nitro File Editor) in order to use them in NAB.
    Like shown in the presentation of Valence Developer Diaries #007​ - Communicating Between Apps
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHwiNrG5yJs&t=2530s
    The idea is to provide a user with a kind of chroot in a specific folder.
    This could be also a way to avoid mapping from Windows.
    Thanks !

H Patrice,

It is possible to have Nitro IFS Explorer open up a specific file from NAB in display-only mode, which we may talk about in the next Developer Diaries episode later this month if you're interested (let us know!)... But there's no way currently to configure the app to list a specific folder.

However, you could create a NAB data source that gets you a list of IFS files and subdirectories, perhaps used in conjunction with vvIn_virtual() to limit the list as needed... Assuming you're on IBM i 7.3 or greater, you can use the SQL table function IFS_OBJECT_STATISTICS to grab the pertinent data in your data source and then show it to your users in a grid. Your list could include file properties that go beyond what's shown in the IFS Explorer view.

A good write-up of this concept can be found here:
    https://www.rpgpgm.com/2019/11/using...and-files.html

Comment

Hi Robert,
      Thanks for your reply and the link provided.
      At this time (as i'm on V7R1) i do that with an LS > File running on QSH
      I keep the idea for future and yes it really make sense with vvin_virtual() which is a powerful function in NAB data source.
      I'm also interested to have in the next Developer Diaries an example to have Nitro IFS in display only mode.
      Developer Diaries are really a wonderful way to learn about NAB, i play and replay them !
      Thanks !

Comment

Hi Patrice,

FYI, we're planning to cover the displaying of IFS documents in tomorrow's Developer Diaries episode. It will be discussed in the second half, after covering a new Map Widget feature.

Comment

Working...
        X