• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valence SandPit / Apps Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valence SandPit / Apps Store

To accelerate Valence Developer learning can CNX consider the following:

CNX (Valence) SandPit
    Host an environment where customers can log into the SandPit so CNX can showcase Apps. The apps included will contain at least the following:

Example apps provided with Valences releases
    Apps created as a result of Developer Diaries
    Apps contributed by the User Community

The contribution by the User Community would need to adhere to CNX Development standards to provide a consistent product look and feel.

CNX (Valence) App Store
    Provide ability for registered customers to download apps available in the sandpit to accelerate Application Development/learning and share developer approaches to solving business solutions.

The intent of this offering is to showcase Valence Capability and remind our user community of the power of IBM i. Can also be used as a marketing tool.

Ideally the App Store will provide the Valence customers the innovative ways Valence has been used or can be used to improve our business processes especially in the mobile applications space.

Showcase how the photo app, document management (upload, download, view attachments) has made a difference.

Showcase how Valence could potentially deliver IBM i workflow. This would provide a huge benefit of bringing workflow to the IBM i (this feature is not currently supported).

Benefit:
    Provide CNX with opportunity to increase engagement with Valence Developer community. This will likely uncover the innovative ways Valence has been used to build business solutions that we may never have considered. Encourage Development Community to share their smarts.

If you are drawn to this idea, please feel to contact me to learn more about the vision. Engage with your Developer Community to further promote the benefits Valence..

Following up on Jim's idea, would you consider hosting Valence at PUB400

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update...57063421952%29

This would allow people who do not have their own IBM i to check out Valence and learn for free.

It would also help people who do not have the latest release of Valence to try out new features not available in older versions.

Comment

Working...
    X