• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pivot Grid - Grand and Sub Total positions [>6.0.20201222]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pivot Grid - Grand and Sub Total positions [>6.0.20201222]

In the User Configuration option for the Pivot Grid under Settings, can we have these total options at a NAB level when we're making the widget?

So have these options in the UI settings when creating the widget

vsettings.JPGvsettings2.JPG

Right now in the NAB, it's only the First/Last/None options for Grand Total and Subtotal where there are more breakdown options available in the User Configuration settings. Can we have these options available in the UI settings when creating a Pivot Grid so when we want the Pivot Grid totals to be a certain way that's only possible using the settings for User Configuration, the user doesn't have to set these options every time at startup?
    Last edited by sean.lanktree; 12-29-2020, 02:31 PM.

I believe some of these are already accommodated.

Layout: Configure -> UI -> View

Row Subtotal Position: Configure -> UI -> Subtotal Position

Show Zero As Blank -> Columns -> Click "Formatting" / Hide Zero Values (see attached).
    Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 4.25.24 PM.png

Comment

I should have have been more specific. I was mainly referencing the Column total position (inside User Configuration > Settings). When a top axis is used, a column total automatically exists. Selecting *NONE in Grand Total Position (Configure > UI) only hides the row total, not the column total. In this app, a column total is not needed and the pivot grid has a top axis. Hiding Column total position in User Configuration > Settings does what I need to do. Is there a way to hide this total in the NAB without user configuration?

Comment

We will add this to our feature request list.

Comment

Okay, appreciate it!

Comment

This will be included in the build after 6.0.20201222.

Comment

I'm on build 6.0.20210125.1 and do not see the option to hide the column total from the NAB.

Below is the option that is available on the configuration settings but is not available as a default setting in the NAB under NAB > Pivot Grid > Configure > UI.

settings1.JPG

Comment

Under UI, this would be "Grand Total Position - Column".
                Screen Shot 2021-06-04 at 10.19.09 AM.png

Comment

I'm on version 6.0.20210125.1 and below are my only options under UI. I don't have the column position filters. My subtotal and grand total positions are row filters.

valence.JPG

Comment

I wonder if you are somehow getting an old cached version. Can you clear the cache on your browser and then load NAB again?

Comment

Cleared my cache and there was no change

Comment

Are you absolutely certain that the instance you are using is 6.0.20210125.1? If you go into Instance Manager does it show that all of your instances have been updated?

Comment

Yes, this is from the Instance Manager.

valence1.jpg

Comment

OK, we will reach out to you separately and arrange an online meeting to take a look.

Comment

Working...
                            X