• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VVPDF - Add pagebreak & page numbering possibities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VVPDF - Add pagebreak & page numbering possibities

I'm using now the VVPDF servicepgm for creating some forms.. i'm achieving some nice results, but what i'm really missing are some functions:

f.e .. how can i force a page/break
    i'm finding tons of example on how to do it with iText..and i'm sure it it possible,... but unfortunately i have totally no experience with JAVA

isn't it possible to add this function.. or f.e on how

Same goes for adding pagenumbering onto a PDF...
    examples are found on internet (and they look quite simple) on how to to do it in Java... but again.. my knowlegde of Java and how to integrate that is null...

is there a way to have this added in vvpdf?
    Can someone help me with this..?

You're not limited to just the VVPDF_...() procedures -- those are just the most common ones included with the core Valence toolkit. Your VVPDFD copy source pulls in VVITEXTD, which gives your RPG program access to all the iText procedures defined in the Java class.

As described in the top couple paragraphs of the vvPDF documentation, iDocument_newPage(doc), where "doc" is the reference to your pdf document created via vvPDF_newDocument(), should do a page break for you.

Comment

Working...
    X