• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NAB - Grid Checkboxes - Select All/None?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAB - Grid Checkboxes - Select All/None?

I am pretty sure this does not already exist, so adding to the Feature Request list...

I am using checkbox selection in a NAB grid and would like to enable the user to Check All rows (or check none). Usually, the UI for this would be a multistate checkbox in the header or a context menu.

checkbox.png

I don't see a way to do either, and think it would be very beneficial.

Thanks!

I have a NAB app that is doing what you want. You just have to check the "Allow Multiple Selections" box in the Settings of the Widget when you edit the app.
    checkbox1.png

Comment

You might find this blog post helpful too...

https://www.cnxcorp.com/blog/create-...nsactions-once

Comment

Thanks, but I guess I was not clear.

I have the checkboxes working properly, but what I am asking about is an option to "Check All" rows. If there are 25 rows in the grid, I want the user to be able to say "Check All" instead of clicking the checkbox on each individual row manually.

Comment

David,

You enabled row selection and allow multiple selections on the grid and don’t see the checkbox in the header of the column? Example attached...
          ​​​​​​​ image_588.jpg
          Last edited by robert.swanson; 07-08-2020, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Correct -- I have both options checked, and I am not seeing that checkbox in the header row. Sounds like maybe a bug instead of a feature request now...

Originally posted by Johnny Major View Post
            David,

You enabled row selection and allow multiple selections on the grid and don’t see the checkbox in the header of the column?

Comment

UPDATE - the Check All checkbox does not show if Infinite Scroll is enabled on the grid. This makes sense because with infinite scroll all of the data may or may not be in the grid at any given time. So, this is working as it should and I will enable paging for my app where I need this functionality.

Comment

Working...
              X