• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement for STRSQL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement for STRSQL

Would really like to see a replacement for STRSQL. I don't like using Client Access Solutions run sql scripts either....to heavy and slow. I am constantly running quick sql statements. i.e. Debugging an application i will copy a generated sql statement from code and run in the strsql environment....that is always a pain as it never fits right!! Also this replacement would quickly allow to download to excel. Be able to see history of your sql statements ran...if running an update/delete it could show you how many records will be affected before running (not essential) I know NAB is available and i could build a datasource, but this is too much involved. There are constantly cases all day where I am running test/simple sql scripts that I no longer care about after they are run. (usually)

Hi Ryan,

I would suggest taking a look at DBeaver for your replacement of STRSQL.

Thanks

Comment

Thanks Johnny. I will take a look at that.

Comment

SQL Explorer also works quite well in RDi. I like it's history view and the ability to save SQL files in the Project Explorer. Lightweight and works for almost everything.

Comment

Working...
        X