• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NAB doesn't like this CTE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAB doesn't like this CTE

I have a CTE as part of my overall SQL statement. I'm building a field and want to call it Hours, and I use that in the main Select statement. The CTE combines several store hours records for each store into one record. My statement runs fine outside Valence and produces accurate results, but when I paste the statement into NAB, it removes my "as hours" and then complains that I have no field named Hours. Here is the CTE:

HTML Code:
    with storehours as (
    SELECT @L$STR,
    listagg(trim(
    CASE @L$BCT
    WHEN 'A' THEN 'M-F'
    WHEN 'B' THEN 'Sat'
    WHEN 'C' THEN 'Sun'
    ELSE ' '
    END
    concat ' ' concat @L$SE#),', ') within group(order by @L$STR, @L$BCT) as hours
    FROM myLib.myFile
    group by @L$STR
    )

I believe there's an issue with the parser recognizing the "within group(order by ...)" segment. If you remove that portion it should work, but then of course the list is not sorted. We'll have to look into that.

As a temporary workaround you could add a second CTE that just selects all the columns from the storehours CTE, then use that second CTE in your main statement.

Comment

Thank you for the information, and this will be fixed in the next 6.2 update

Comment

Working...
      X