• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SQL Count Statement the runs in VVDATASRC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQL Count Statement the runs in VVDATASRC

When I'm looking at logs, there is a SQL statement that is run that counts the rows returned in a data source. Is there a way I can retrieve that value from a backend program? I could use that value for a feature I want to add.
    Thanks.

The value of the total count is just sent directly to the browser and is not stored off anywhere. Can you explain your process a bit more as maybe there is a feature that can be added to help.

Comment

What is the use case for needing the count from the data source?

Thanks

Comment

The data source shows a list of training that a group of people need to take. Once they select one of these trainings, they go to another app to update the completion of the training. Once that is done, there are 2 paths. If there was only 1 training left and that was the one they selected, then I want to return them to my main dashboard app. If there was more than 1 training, I want to return them back to the training selection app.
        Hopefully, that makes sense.
        What I was thinking is taking the count value, putting it in an app var, and passing it to the next app. That app will decide where to go next based on the value of the count.
        The data source is a tree grid which is why I like the idea of getting the count from your SQL statement, instead of trying to rerun the SQL statement in the back-end app.

Comment

We only run the count statement to get the total count if the widget is paging. I will enter a feature request to investigate the possibility of mapping the total count value from the data source to an app variable.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X