• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't read value from disabled checkbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't read value from disabled checkbox

I have two checkboxes on a form tied to one-character fields (see attached). If checked, they set the underlying field to 'Y'; if unchecked, blank. When I check the 'Random Length' checkbox, the helper RPG program sets the 'Custom' field to 'Y' and also does a SetValue on that field. I also disable the 'Custom' checkbox so it can't be unchecked. I checked the helper program before it exits and the 'Custom' field is set to 'Y'. But when I hit the 'Save' button on the form, that calls a different program that reads the field from the form with GetFormChar(). It reads the 'Custom' field as blank but the 'Random Length' field as 'Y'. It doesn't matter if I check the 'Custom' checkbox first before checking the 'Random Length' field; the save program will read it as blank. If, however, I check the 'Custom' checkbox only, it stays enabled and the Save program reads it as 'Y'.
    Attached Files

Hi,

That looks like a bug. For the time being, remove the app variable linkage from the "Disable Field" and add it to the "Read Only" field. That should fix the issue. I will add this to our bug/features list.

Please let us know if you still experience issues after setting the field to read-only instead of disabled.

Thanks

Comment

This will be fixed in the next 6.2 update

Comment

Working...
      X