• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valence Mobile connection issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valence Mobile connection issue

I've downloaded both the Valence Portal and Valence Mobile apps from the Apple Store. I am able to connect to the "base" instance, but I cannot connect to our production instance that uses a self-signed certificate.

I downloaded/installed the certificate and added it to the "profile" on the iPad. I then toggled it to trust all roots. However, I still cannot connect to the server.

We do not have the server exposed without SSL. If I open the URL in Safari browser, it allowed me to continue to the site, but then never asks again about the certificate.

So I'm pretty sure the certificate is the issue in the Valence Mobile app.

Certificate Trust.png
    Last edited by gwilburn; 05-09-2023, 02:35 PM.

Valence Mobile would be the correct app to use, but it won't let you proceed to make the connection unless the certificate is accepted without warnings. Self-signed certificates will generally issue a warning, which is probably why you were able to get by it in the browser, but not Valence Mobile. Is there a reason you can't use an SSL certificate issued by a 3rd party CA? I can help you get one and install if you want.

Comment

The reason (I believe) that we are not using a 3rd Party CA is that the URL is used internally only. I don't think we can get a CA Certificate from a Trusted Authority for
      https://mysystemname.mydomain.local:8060

I believe I tried that 2 years ago.

We use SSL internally when connecting to our IBM i (even for ACS 5250)... so we generated a self-signed cert on the IBM i.

I thought by adding it to the iPad (like we do with the PCs), that it would be trusted.

Comment

Originally posted by richard.milone View Post
        Valence Mobile would be the correct app to use, but it won't let you proceed to make the connection unless the certificate is accepted without warnings. Self-signed certificates will generally issue a warning, which is probably why you were able to get by it in the browser, but not Valence Mobile. Is there a reason you can't use an SSL certificate issued by a 3rd party CA? I can help you get one and install if you want.
        Is there any way around this for internal connections?

Comment

Working...
        X