• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple Groupings for a grid widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Groupings for a grid widget

I am trying to make a report that has grouping totals for both days of the week, and profit centers. I know I can get an overall total and a grouped total line to appear, but I can't find any way to have two levels of grouping at once. is this possible?

Sounds like you may want to look into the Pivot Grid widget.

Comment

Unless I'm not understanding something about the Pivot Grid (which is very possible since I have never used it) it doesn't seem like this will work. I still need to show individual records for each order as well as additional columns such as customer name, quantity sold, etc. but I cant seem to get those columns to show their individual values without either making them also have drop downs, or doing an aggregate, which I don't want

Comment

I'm having a hard time visualizing exactly what you want. You want a grouping for each day of the week and beneath that each unique profit center, correct?

Below is an example of a pivot grid. I am grouping customer sales by year...then by month within that year....then I show each individual customer beneath that. I can see the sales totals, by year, by month, and then at the individual customer level. Is this not similar to what you are looking to accomplish? Screen Shot 2023-03-22 at 1.03.03 PM.png

Comment

That is essentially what I want it terms of summary and grouping, but I also need non-summary columns for each record.

So for this example: lets say I would also want a quantity purchased, and maybe a customer code. I would want those individual values beside the customer names like Abb and Adecco, but I wouldn't want those values to be aggregates

Comment

Ahh, I see. In that case your data source would need to return a field that has all of relevant fields concatenated.

I wonder if the tree grid could work for you.

Comment

Working...
            X