• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

App Variables total text exceeded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• App Variables total text exceeded

Hi,
    This is what I think is happening in my app. I have 72 app variables (I know that seems excessive, and I'm going to find a way to get rid of some because of this issue). I set one particular app variable to some HTML that is 161 characters long, that I set the title of a widget to. Actually I don't even have to set the title. Then I try to filter a widget, and it won't open all the way; it shows a title but it's just processing. There are no MSGW's. It seems to break all of my app variables at this point. I have to reload the frame to get my app back to normal. If I use a shorter string it opens the widget just fine. So I think what is happening is if the total space used by all app variables exceeds a certain size (including app variable names and all the other overhead required to store them), then it breaks all the app variables.

We've seen this issue before with too many popups or widgets, which you have fixed.
    Thanks.
    Erin

I'm down to 53 variables and now my app is working.

Comment

Thanks for the info...we will attempt to replicate this on our end.

Comment

Can you point me to the file(s) where the app variables and their contents are stored? Thanks.

Comment

The list of app variables of an application are stored in file VVQRY200. The contents/values of app variables are not stored in any file as this is all a process of the front-end code.

Comment

Working...
          X