• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

edit grid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• edit grid

Good morning, I have an edit grid that I have assigned it a validation program but when I access the fields the values are coming back blank ? See attached. I have used this in other grids and they work fine so I don't understand why this one is not.

edit grid.docx

Can you supply us with what is being posted specifically for the data property? You can easily get this information from Portal Admin > Logs. If logging isn't turned on you can turn it on from within the Logs section

You're looking for your NAB program calling program VVDATASRC with an action of updateRec

Example:
    Screen Shot 2023-02-22 at 2.49.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-02-22 at 2.49.51 PM.png

Comment

These are the entries logged when I bring up the edit grid, and when I press the update button on the edit grid. When I try accessing the fields using the GetValue it is not returning any value to the varible.

editgrid-2.docx

Comment

Those images are for an action of getData I would like to see the information for updateRec once you attempt to update a row in your edit grid that has the validation pgm

Comment

There are no updateRec entires when I click on the UPDATE button....only getData..

Comment

Please email support so we can schedule a quick call. Thanks

Comment

Good morning,

Sean we upgraded the instance to the latest version and so I imported the app and components from the old instance to the new instance and then opened the widgets and saved them then opened the app and saved it. I also updated the validation program WMSLABEL to the latest NAB code. However, it is still not returning any values. I am however getting an Updaterec entry. See attached

editgrid.docx

Comment

I found that the UpdateRec entry has PFSOLD as the file and not MSTWMCOP. In the validation program i was using MSTWMCOP as the file as this is the file the fields I am accessing on the edit grid belong too. I noticed that I have some joins in my data source and the last file listed in my join is PFSOLD. When I changed the getvalue from MSTWMCOP to PFSOLD the company code is now coming in.

/free
                lco = GetValue('PFSOLD':'COCO');
                ldiv = GetValue('MSTWMCOP':'CODIV');
                lcoucc = GetValue('MSTWMCOP':'COUCC');

lsold = GetValue('MSTWMCOP':'COSOLD');
                //isold = %dec(lsold:7:0);

dsply 'TEST1';
                dsply lco;
                dsply ldiv;
                dsply lsold;
                dsply lcoucc;

this is result of the my display statements,

DSPLY TEST1
                DSPLY 90
                DSPLY
                DSPLY
                DSPLY

Here is the data source with PFSOLD as the last file. The fields I am accessing from the grid belong to MSTWMCOP.

comsc0,
                comsca,
                rrn(MSTWMCOP) AS rrn1,
                rrn(t97) AS rrn2,
                rrn(PFSOLD) AS rrn3
                FROM
                mstwmcop
                LEFT OUTER JOIN mstable AS t97 ON coco = t97.tco
                and t97.tno = '97'
                and t97.tkey = 'U8'
                LEFT OUTER JOIN pfsold ON coco = csoco
                and cosold = csosld
                and (
                (
                substr(t97.tdesc, 1, 2) <> '01'
                and codiv = csodiv
                )
                or (substr(t97.tdesc, 1, 2) = '01')
                )

Comment

Have you resaved the data source "Customer Matrix Labels - MSTWMCOP"? If not I would resave the data source then try pulling in for MSTWMCOP

Comment

You mentioned that you opened the widget and app and resaved them after upgrading. Did you also open and save the data source(s) for the widget(s).

If not, please do so. First save the data source(s), then the widget(s), then the app.

Comment

that fixed it.....thank you so much !

Comment

Working...
                      X