• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EDIT grid - enter long fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EDIT grid - enter long fields

Hello,

I've a text field described as 4096A - varlen(60). I want to update this field in an EDIT grid but when you enter more than 256 characters, the field becomes red (error) in the edit grid and the value is not saved.

How can we enter more than 256 characters in such kind of field?

Best regards,
    Andy

This should just work. The field in question should actually be represented as a textarea. Can you reach out to support@cnxcorp.com so we can schedule a time to take a closer look?

Comment

This has been resolved. The field behind the data source was changed from 256 to 4096 so both the data source and the widget needed to be resaved.

Comment

I have the same issue but my field only allow no more than 40 characters long. I would like to popup a warning message to user know and keep the data in the grid. Would I do it?

Thanks
        Laura

Comment

Working...
        X