• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terminolgy Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminolgy Field

In the row/body markup section I am using the F4 key to use a terminogy field instead of hard coding it, but when I display the page or while in the widget it is not translating the field. Any ideas.

valissue.docx

The literals (surrounded by "[]") and the field values (surrounded by "{}") will only be translated when the widget is shown (not in the code view). Are you seeing the translations work when you view the widget?

Comment

Forgot to include screen shot of page with it showing the [xxxx}. See attached Doc1.docx

Comment

Doc1.docx

here is showing more of the page

Comment

If you go to one of the columns in the grid and click on the label and then hit F4 to see the available literals do you see any of those literals you're using in the rowbody in the list?

Example literal window

NAB Lits.png

Comment

see attachment. Doc1.docx

Comment

What is the exact version of Valence you're on?

Comment

This is what we are using to develop the app. We have a later version which I am going to import it to and try it there and see if translates correctly.

Comment

I copied the app and it's widgets to a more current release of valance but it still did not work. See details. Doc1.docx

Comment

Since you copied the app/widgets to a different instance do you see your literals in the available literals window on that instance?

If you do, what happens if you change [ABS_Clr] to [save] do you just see [save] or Save?

Comment

see attachment Doc1.docx

Comment

We figured out what is happening and this will get fixed in the next 6.1 update. The literals are not being applied if the Row Body is set to expandable

Thanks

Comment

Ok great thank you for all your help !!

Comment

Working...
                          X