• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Widget Maint Timestamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widget Maint Timestamps

Under what circumstances would/should working on an App in NAB update the VVMTS Maint Timestamp on a Widget in VVWDG100??

We have a few projects where I have assigned Data Source / Widget development to developers relatively new to Valence. And I have been configuring the App myself.
    I have been using the Widgets' VVMTS to signal me that someone has made recent changes to a widget that I should review.

Several times, and today was proof positive, I was in NAB working on the App. After completion, I noticed that four (out of about 10) widgets from the app had their timestamps updated, and showed me as the Maint User.

I did nothing to the widgets themselves. I don't remember exactly what I did to those four in the app, but it was either behaviors, or appvar linkage, or both.

Why would/should App maintenance ever update the Widget object at all?

I assume the 4 widgets were all grids. The last changed date of a grid determines when we should reset the "state" of the grid. The state holds the columns shown, the order, the widths, etc....This is how the grid UI remembers changes a user may make (move a column, hide or show a column, change a column width).

If anything about a grid is changed and the state is not reset it will cause issues. Since there are potential changes to a grid (adding checkboxes, menus, icon columns) when saving an app we set the last changed timestamp to force a state reset.

We can look into changing this though.

Comment

Ok. Good to know. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X