• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0 based line charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0 based line charts

It would be really nice to have ability for a line chart to always show 0. That would be very helpful when dealing with running inventory levels over time. Loving 6.1!

Hi Ryan,

Just did a quick test and the line chart does show zero. What is the full version # you're on for 6.1? Also, could you provide an image of your line chart?

NAB Line Chart Zero.png

Glad you're enjoying 6.1!

Comment

We are on the latest version "Valence Framework 6.1.20220518.0"
      See below...sometimes it does show 0, it just depends on the dataset. There is a setting in ExtJS that you can set to always be 0 based. Unless the user is really paying attention to the y axis values, its really deceptive.
      linevalence.PNG

Comment

Hi Ryan,

So are you saying one of those data points are zero or you just always want to see zero even though not one data point is zero?

Thanks

Comment

I figured it out.
          I need a graph where it always shows zero (even if 0 is NOT in dataset) and would highlight the 0 axis another color so you could easily tell when a qty went below zero (or how close to 0 it gets) . I accomplished this a few years ago using ExtJS and i thought it was as easy as selecting a setting to always show 0. After going back over that code, I actually had to create another dataset with all 0's as the values and a new series and color that line red. (so it basically has two line series on the graph, the real one, and the dummy 0 data line) I hope makes sense. sorry to bother you, but maybe this will help someone in the future.

Comment

Sounds good

FYI if you want zero to always show you can set the minimum value to 0

NAB Line Always Show 0.png

Comment

right, but if the number goes negative than that doesn't work....only way i have found is using two series. thanks again!

Comment

Working...
              X