• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Features on Row Menus and Icon Columns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Features on Row Menus and Icon Columns

Does the Feature Feature work properly on Row Menus and Icon Columns?

I am writing an app that shows the statuses of orders going through a manufacturing line.
    I have abilities in the app related to scheduling those orders.

There are Section buttons, Row Menus in a grid, and Icon Column buttons in the grid related to scheduling. They are all marked in the security screen with a feature name.
    (Yes, they are all spelled correctly).
    (By the way, we are still on the final release of 6.0.)

Eventually I will expose or hide these buttons during a startup program based on the Scheduler's portal admin group.

But for now, I have a master button which executes a BTN program which toggles between a SetResponse enableFeature and disableFeature.
    I expect all these feature-based buttons to appear and disappear as I toggle the feature.
    The section buttons appear and disappear just as I would expect.
    But the Row Menus and Icon Column buttons never change.

Adding a Refresh behavior or a Show Widget/Keep Data does not help.

What am I doing wrong?

We will attempt to replicate this on our end and then get back to you.

Comment

We have been able to replicate this and will add it to our list

Thanks for reporting

Comment

This will be fixed in the next 6.1 update. If you need a 6.0 or 6.1 patch please send an email to support

Comment

Johnny and all,

Today I upgraded our Sandbox instance to 6.1.20220706.0.
          I re-tested this issue with a simple nearly-dummy app.

The issue I originally described in this posting has been fixed, but only half-way.

Case 1. The app is initially launched, and the featured buttons, row menus and icon columns are all exposed. Executing disableFeature and enableFeature does, in fact, either disappear/appear or disable/enable all three button types properly.

Case 2. If, however, a Startup program had pre-disabled the feature, then upon launch all three button types are properly hidden. Later invocations of enableFeature and disableFeature only exposes/hides the true buttons. The row menus and icon columns are still unaffected and remain hidden.

I can be available to discuss the issue, and to show you the "real" app that I am trying to finish and implement soon. I am open to suggestions for other techniques to accomplish what I need.

Comment

We have been able to replicate this and working on a fix. Once we have it fixed we could send you a patch since the next 6.1 update wont be until next month.

Thanks

Comment

Thank you. I would appreciate that.

Comment

Working...
              X