• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issue with converting grid to a edit grid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with converting grid to a edit grid

within the app builder, there is the option for tranforming an existing grid into a edit grid

however i'm experiencing strange behaviour with a grid that already was part of an app

i thought that the existing widget nbr would exist, however i still see both

(grid & edit grid)

not sure how i now can easily change the app to make sure the editgrid is included

should i remove the existing grid and then replace it by the edit grid?,
    would mean also to have to redo all the behaviour stuff? & action columns..
    or is there another way to do that?

Are you saying that when you used the "Transform to Edit Grid" option that it made a copy (and new widget id) of your current grid?

Comment

Hi Sean..
      it indeed looks that this was the case

i've now restored the valence6 library with backup from yesterday ..

i'll give it another try.

Comment

I think i've discovered a bug

(BTW i'm on the latest 6.1.20220518.0 version)

So i wanted to convert a grid widget (that was already part of a app) into edit grid
        i could convert my grid again to an edit grid .. (and it kept the same id) so was ok

In the widget builder it was showing up correctly, however in the app itself, the widget was still showing as a display grid...

Image 008.pngImage 007.pngImage 006.png

Comment

Even if you refresh the app list?

Comment

yes, indeed.. but when logging off and on again noticed that it is now ok.

probably was some caching....

issue solved...

thx

Comment

Yes, the list of apps is not auto refreshing when a grid is transformed to an edit grid.

Comment

Working...
              X