• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

addling calculated total column

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• addling calculated total column

I have a column that needs to show in the total line for a grid, but it is calculated from the other total amounts, not just a straight total of a column (i.e. % spent of the total row…)? Any way to do this?

Hi David,

You could create a calculated column that does the calculation per row then perform a summary on that column

Otherwise we don’t have a way to to summarize a column and add additional calculations

Thanks

Comment

my data source is a free format sql – any way to add a calculated column in that case? Here is the column…

((dm.curenc + dm.ytdspt) / dm.budamt * 100) AS pctsptds

Comment

Isn't that already your calculated column? Is it not allowing you to add that?

Comment

the calculated column is showing in the grid rows as a percent spent. The problem is when I total that column, it adds the percentages together in sum... I need it to do the percentage calculations on the total row to get an overall percent spent... make sense?

see attachment... screen shot.docx

in other words, I am trying to add a calculated column/field to the total line...
          Attached Files
          Last edited by dlstrawn; 05-17-2022, 04:01 PM.

Comment

This is not currently possible. We will add this to our feature list. It will likely be the ability to add your own custom "renderer" to return the value.

Comment

Working...
            X