• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pass info from user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pass info from user

Hello,

I am trying to mimic developer diaries 20 (passing user information via prompt to rpg program. it works fine if i check just one record but when i check multiple records, its not processing the second record.... how do i do a loop on multiple records where i want to prompt for information

below is what i have but its not working...

Select;
    When Action = 'ProcessPart';
    For SelectIdx = 1 to gSelectionCnt;
    HldType = GetSelectionChar(SelectIdx:'HDTYPE');
    If HldType = 'DiscretePart';
    SetAppVar('PromptForPart':'true');
    Else;
    SetAppVar('PromptForPart':'false');
    EndIf;
    SetResponse('success': 'true');
    Return;
    EndFor;
    When Action = 'Release';
    NewPartNumber = vvIn_char('PartNumber');

For SelectIdx = 1 to gSelectionCnt;
    EOrder = GetSelectionChar(SelectIdx: 'HDEORDR');
    ELine = GetSelectionChar(SelectIdx: 'HDELINE');
    HldType = GetSelectionChar(SelectIdx: 'HDTYPE');

I do not understand, can you elaborate a bit more on what exactly is not working?

Comment

i select 2 records in my grid. it calls the first rpg program and returns the value of true as there is no part number so the popup box appears, the part number is entered and then okay is selected and it calls the same program again (with a different action) and writes the record with the new part number. However it never goes back to call the first program to process the second record i selected. maybe the attached will help explain. the long and short of it is i want to process multiple selections using the prompt for user information process
      Attached Files

Comment

What is the value of gSelectionCnt when the "Release" action is called?

Comment

the release action has a value of 1 for gselectioncnt.

Comment

Yet you see that you have 2 rows selected, correct? If that is the case, we cannot replicate this on our end so please reach out to support@cnxcorp.com to schedule an online meeting.

Comment

yes i have 2 rows selected. i will reach out to support

Comment

Working...
              X