• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXNABFLT and SETAPPVAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXNABFLT and SETAPPVAR

I want to set an App Variable from a filter program. I am developing an app that uses a grid with a filter. One column, called System, is always filtered and limits the list based on the System filter. I want to include an 'ADD' button in the app to open a form where the user can add a new entry to the list and I want the form to open and default the System field on the form to the System value from the filter on the grid. I can capture the value of the filtered column via a filter program based on template EXNABFLT, but the setappvar procedure is not setting the app variable. I can execute setappvar() from the filter program and get no errors, but my appvar is not set. Is there a way to make this happen?

Unfortunately the EXNABFLT based programs are not currently capable to set the value of an app variable. We will get this added for 6.1...maybe not in the first release of it though but shortly afterwards.

Comment

Ahh well, I'll get creative then. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X