• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valence version updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valence version updates

Is there a command, or program call (VVINSTMGR?), that I can issue to update an instance? After I've downloaded the latest version and applied it to BASE, I'd like to be able to update instances without having go into Instance Manager so I can script the whole thing and run it lights-out. I already have a bunch of pre- and post-update steps scripted, all I need to script the entire thing is the actual update itself. Given my maintenance window is Sundays, I find myself having to dial in and look at a spinning thing for a half hour. Speaking of which, I think I asked this question before, earlier updates were taking 1-2 minutes. Now they seems to be taking much, MUCH longer, like 30 minutes. Is that normal? I'll see if I can pin down where it's spending all its time.

Currently you can interactively or batch-call VVINSTMGR to copy an instance, but not update an instance. We'll look into adding that functionality for the upcoming 6.1 release.

On our systems, an instance update takes well under two minutes to complete every time, so it sounds like there's something peculiar going on with your system. Instance Manager logs each step of the instance update process in VVGENLOG, so take a look at what's in that file and maybe you can spot what's consuming so much time.

Comment

Working...
    X