• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Have 2 views from the same main Grid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Have 2 views from the same main Grid

I have an app where the Main section is a grid summary of rows (groups of orders).
    When I click on a row in the Main section, it displays the "detail" rows (orders) that make up the summary.
    I can click on a detail row (order) to display a popup showing the line items of the order.

We need a "second view" or popup of the data that shows a summary of the items and quantities for the group of orders. The group represented by a single row in the Main section.

Basically... click here to see a breakout by order, click here to see a breakout by items.

I'm not sure how to go after this... Struggling because i seem to have separate data sources and grids that seem redundant.

Are you saying that you want to have the same widget in your application multiple times?

Comment

No..

We have a grid widget that summarizes a group of orders based on customer/ship date. This is the Main section of the app.

On row click it displays the individual orders in another grid
      On row click in that grid it displays the items on the individual order in a popup grid

We need to add another grid (view) for the user... they need to see a summary of the items that are included in one row of the Main grid (i.e. which often represents multiple orders for a customer).

Currently we have 3 levels of "drill-downs" based on a clicking the row of a grid.
      Grid - Grid - Grid (popup).

I'm just not sure how to best accomplish adding another grid based off the Main grid showing a summarization of orders

Here's a screen shot of the Main Grid Widget... hopefully it will make more sense.
      On row click shows another grid containing the 929 Wal-Mart DSDC orders.
      We need a way to allow the user to see the items that make up the 929 orders.

2021-11-05 09_20_52-Valence 6.0.png

Comment

Why not add an icon column or row menu to the main grid to "View Items"?

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I was kind of getting there... I just didn't know if that's the most "intuitive" way to do things?

I was also thinking about having the on-click action display two grids side-by-side. One showing the orders, the other showing the items.

Not even sure if that's possible.

Comment

If it makes sense to show both widgets together I would suggest going that route. And yes, you can add as many widgets as you like to any section.

Comment

Working...
            X