• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

firing backend event from an edit grid validation program (exNABVal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firing backend event from an edit grid validation program (exNABVal)

I can see via DevTools that the event is firing.... but it doesn't seem like the grid validation process gives control back to the app to act on the fire......

Should this work or am I trying the impossible.....

Are you "listening" for the event under the "Event Listeners" section within Behaviors? If so, are you not seeing that any of the actions are being executed?

Comment

yes i am listening.... and no, none of the behaviors execute....

Comment

Does the listener show it as a back-end RPG event? Did you double check the spelling...case sensitive.

Comment

it's like you know me or something..... LOL!!!!!

best I can tell everything lines up --- but i've been staring at it a long time....

rpg: setResponse('fireEvent':'elPersonalizationSelect') ;
          app: fireevent.PNG
          Attached Files

Comment

Ha, ok, let's try something. Can you add another action such as setting the app bar title or setting the "nabMsg" app variable to some hard coded text? Just trying to determine if that logic is being run or not.

Comment

i did that.... the set appvar you see there is for the snack bar

Comment

We will reach out to you shortly to take a closer look at this.

Comment

I should have read the subject line of this post more carefully. Firing back-end events is not currently supported by EXNABVAL based programs. This feature will be available on the next update.

Comment

Working...
                  X