• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

App(s) to Enable Disabled User / Vary On devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• App(s) to Enable Disabled User / Vary On devices

Has CNX or anyone developed an app that would allow a manager to enable IBM i user profiles that have been disabled?
    Likewise their green screen devices that have been varied off

Looking for a solution for users that do not have a command line.

You can use Nitro iAdmin to enable disabled profile, vary on devices etc

Comment

How'd I miss that?

What is the best way to secure this app - I want to provide it to a group of users.

Also, I'm hoping the users do not need additional authority on the system (i.e. is this using adopted authority?)

I tried a test user... was able to vary devices on, but when I tried to access users it said the user needed *JOBCTL. I added *JOBCTL, but then could only see 3 users.

I'm trying to provide any (but secure) way for a group of users to have the ability to reset disabled ID's during off-hours.
      Last edited by gwilburn; 11-02-2021, 01:29 PM.

Comment

So how can users who do not have *SECADM authority use this app to enable disabled user profiles?

User profiles objects have *PUBLIC *EXCLUDE authority.

Is this possible? Or will I need to write my own app to use adopted authority?

Comment

Unfortunately the user running Nitro iAdmin need to have the correct authority

Comment

OK... So I'm writing my own so I can use adopted authority. I'm trying to create a data source over QSYS2.USER_INFO, but I'm getting SQL0391
            SQL State: 42881
            Vendor Code: -391
            Message: [SQL0391] Table function cannot be argument of function *N. Cause . . . . . : The table designator for a table function cannot be used as the argument of function *N in schema *N. Recovery . . . : Use a table designator that does not represent a table function as the argument of this function. Try the request again.

(this is from Run Sql Scripts after copying in the SQL from NAB)

the RRN("F1") as RRN is the cause of the message.

Is this the data source you all use for Nitro iAdmin? Or are you using something else?

UPDATE: Nevermind - I found your data source.

Comment

Working...
            X