• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DropDown field behavior, can we adjust? [PENDING_NEXT_BUILD]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DropDown field behavior, can we adjust? [PENDING_NEXT_BUILD]

Hello everyone. I can't seem to find anywhere that I can adjust how to change the behavior of a dropdown field. I have a vehicle master file and I built a custom filter that is a form. In the form, I have a field for VIN. That field has been converted to a dropdown but what I'm noticing is that when you type in a value, say '3', I get a whole bunch of options that don't start with '3', but contain '3'. On the built-in filter for a grid, you can change the behavior. You can select "Starts with" or "Equals" or "Contains". Is there any way to get this control in a dropdown field?
    Thanks.

As of right now we don’t have a way for you to change that behavior. I’ll add it to our feature request list.

Comment

In the next Valence 6.0 update, you will be able to override the default behavior of the drop down's type-ahead to starts with

Thanks

Comment

Awesome! Thank you for the update.

Comment

Working...
        X