• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Data on table doesn't always load.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data on table doesn't always load.

So I am currently building an app through NAB. When I click a button, it calls an RPG program that builds a Work File. Once the work file comes back as successful, it then hides the previous widgets and shows as well as loads the new widgets. Of the 4 newly-loaded widgets, 3 depend on the file that was just built by the RPG call. All 3 use the same file but use a different database because of different group-by's used. Once the button is pressed, the call and build happens successfully; however, for some reason, not all the grids load the data. Sometimes it loads 1, sometimes it loads 2 and sometimes it loads all 3 successfully. I'm not really sure how to go about this so that they will all build on the first try.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

So each of the 3 widgets use a completely data source id, correct?
    Did you check the Errors application (include warnings)?
    Do you actually see results in your work file? If so, what happens when you click on the data source in NAB...does it load the results?

Comment

The 3 widgets are made over the same file but each have different data sources because of different groupings that had to be done.
      When I preview the Data Source in nab, all 3 return results.
      I don't believe it's returning back any errors.

Comment

Just to verify, you opened up the "Errors" application and selected the checkbox to "Include Warnings" are are not seeing any results?

Comment

Originally posted by sean.lanktree View Post
          Just to verify, you opened up the "Errors" application and selected the checkbox to "Include Warnings" are are not seeing any results?
          I re-ran it today and only 1 of the 3 widgets loaded data. I checked the Error app and there were no errors or warnings.

Comment

Just to follow up on this post the issue was because of the structure of the behavior. The button was clicked and called an RPG program that loaded data into a table in QTEMP.

Then after that was successful it would show/load multiple widgets based on that file however since it's in QTEMP you can't guarantee each call would get the same job.

Resolution is to use a pre-execution program on the data source and here is an old blog post going over using QTEMP/pre-execution program

Alternatively, your work table could include a column for session-id and that table would not reside in QTEMP

Comment

Working...
            X