• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blur event nonsense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blur event nonsense

Hi guys, another case of thinking I understand but I likely don't. Or I have just hit some extjs bug, be nice to know which.

I'm using blur event on a form field with intention that when you Tab out of field, it makes a server call. I'm getting nonsense I don't understand. The blur listener is defined on each of the 8 Test fields on form

In screen print below of my app, cursor/focus is in Test 6. I then click in Test 1 field to give focus, it somehow triggers a blur to fire for multiple other fields. Hopefully this image below will show the debug window when I am done typing and post. If I clicked out of Test 6, I would expect only one blur to fire, triggered by Test 6. Not at all what is happening.

Capture.PNG

Actually Test 7 field should have fired blur in my example. It seems to fire 7 events each time but with different field numbers depending on which field you try and click out of.

Comment

My definition of blur listener, The Controller is listening for event on the form. Capture2.PNG

Comment

I found the main problem and it was me. I had code in Controller processing the event and I was attempting to focus() on the next field, based on field no passed in. I was attempting to make field 8 roll back focus to field 1 but did hit an extjs (or DOM) issue on that, it doesn't work. So I really didn't need the code anymore, just left it thinking it caused no harm. I was obviously mistaken, :o

So I'm good, no need for a response here. All this code trying to handle a keyboard wedge function from a pedal on a multiplexor which auto feeds the gauge reading when guys test it, It feeds a CR/LF at end of test result, which behaves like tab, Thus using blur event to make server call to validate the test,

Comment

Working...
        X