• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NAB Remote DB - Convert to SQL option missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAB Remote DB - Convert to SQL option missing

NAB Remote DB - Convert to SQL option missing

When using the remote DB options in NAB, it seems to require the use of the wizard, instead of allowing you to convert to Sql under the miscellaneous option on the data source.

Am I missing how to convert it to Sql or is that not allow for remote databases?

The NAB remote database logic only works with the wizard right now. It's on our feature request list to add support for free-form SQL over remote DBs at some point in the future.

Comment

Thanks Robert! Unfortunately, I am running into issues where the table names are too long for the wizard fields, and was hoping the free form option was a possible solution.

Comment

Yeah, I see it's limiting the table names to 30 characters. We might be able to send you a patch so you could enter up to 50 characters for the table name, which is the current limit in the back-end definition table. Would that be sufficient?

Comment

That would be great if you don't mind! It's not a super rush...just when you can. Thanks for everything!

Comment

Hey there, FYI, the new build that was released yesterday (6.0.20210818) has this adjustment so you can enter up to 50 characters for a remote DB table name now.

Comment

Working...
            X