• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NAB - Grid global search - on hidden colums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAB - Grid global search - on hidden colums

Hi.. i have an app in which for the sake of visibility i group 5 fields together in 1 column

(i used the custom formatting to put multiple values in 1 grid column)

one side effect though is that the global search is apparently only looking in columns on the grid that are visible.. which is some way, makes real sense

just would like to know if there is a way to circumvent this..
    part of the code is below,

PHP Code:
    retval '';
    if (
    rec.get('LGKEY1') != '') {
    retval += rec.get('LGKEY1');
    }

if (
    rec.get('LGKEY2') != '') {
    if (
    retval !='') {
    retval+='</br>';
    }
    retval += rec.get('LGKEY2');
    }
    if (
    rec.get('LGKEY3') != '') {
    if (
    retval !='') {
    retval+='</br>';
    }
    retval += rec.get('LGKEY3');

Try including the columns that you use in the custom formatting but set them to hidden. Then check "Include Hidden Columns" under the Search section.

Comment

Hi Sean... that also what i had tried before sending my Post

i indeed also thought it could work by setting those cols hidden, . but i doesn't

But i have mixed opinion on this

on the one hand opening the search on hidden could confuse users that they see rows that at first sight do not match their search criteria
      but in my current case, where the info from the 'hidden' columns are grouped into 1 single 'visible' grid column it would have been handy..

i also tried to group the columns in the SQL datasource, but especially when, as in my example, grouping 5 columns in there, it is much more cumbersome to do some testing or to add some formatting...

Thierry

Comment

Hi Thierry -

I just tested the hidden columns and searching on our system and did get it to work. Be sure to have the column selected AND the hidden feature selected.

This is a bit misleading as you should only need to check the hidden feature....we will add this to our internal list.

Comment

Hi Sean, i think i'm doing that way .. but seems not be working in my case

i've taken some screenshots, maybe there is some misunderstanding from my side.

Image 003.pngImage 001.pngImage 002.png
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Thierry, can you confirm your search type: Starts With, Contains, or Exact. Also, can you provide the full version number of Valence?

Comment

Hi Sean..

problem is solved..

i only see now what you mean ... When taking the screenshot, i only now notice that option is there to inlude the hidden columns in the search config..

wasn't aware of that ..i have always overlooked it...

This is the perfect solution !! & sorry for the question

great thx for the assistance

Image 19.png

Comment

Working...
              X