• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Migrate Nitro app between 5.2 and 6 [>6.0.20210125.1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migrate Nitro app between 5.2 and 6 [>6.0.20210125.1]

Our production instance is running version 5.2 and we have succesfully created a test instance in version 6. Since then, we have updated nitro query app and now we are trying to export from Live (5.2) and import into new Test (6). The import of the Nitro app completes, along with the data sources, but when you go to edit it the system just hangs.

Is there an official way to export a Notro app from 5.2 and import into a version 6 instance?

Thank You,

Peter

Hi Peter, can you try resaving the application in 5.2, exporting again, and then try the import process in 6?

Comment

OK, done just now. I removed Nitro App from Test system and related data sources. Cleared out the Export and Import libraries. Only exported the App rather than individual data sources and the export included all the data sources for that App.

The import still created corrupted data sources. I realised the App Id imported conflicted with another data source previously in the Test system. So, I removed all Nitro Query data sources and Apps from the test system and imported again. The data sources and App look like they imported fine but the definitions in data sources still don't work and if I try to edit the App, it hangs loading the workspace.

Comment

Hi Peter -

We will reach out to you to arrange an online meeting whenever you are available so we can take a closer look.

Comment

Hi Sean,

Sure, this is quite easy to do on our test system.

Peter

Comment

I found one problem with the data source import. The file VVDTA300 is not being imported into Version 6 from an export from Version 5.2. There are two additional columns in the new VVDTA300. I copied VVDTA300 records manually and the imported App now works.

However, it did not import the menu item to call that App. Not sure if this is possible between versions or even between instances of the same version.

Peter

Comment

Hi Peter -

Yes, this normally does import the app record as well. Can you tell us what exact version of 5.2 your are exporting from and what version of 6 you are importing to?

thanks

Comment

Our production version is : 5.2.20200819.0 (export from this)
                Our new development version is : 6.0.20210125.1 (import to this)

I ran the whole process again because I installed the latest version 6 and same result, the VVDTA300 records did not import.

Comment

Thank you for reporting the issue Peter. This will be resolved on the next update (any build after 6.0.20210125.1).

Comment

Working...
                  X