• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NAB Transform to Checkbox not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAB Transform to Checkbox not working

I have a simple NAB edit grid... the database file has a field that contains Y or N. I used the option to transform that to a checkbox instead.

Everything looks ok until I use the app to check or uncheck the box. However, the value Y or N is not changed in the file or grid

Hi Greg,

What are the values of Checked and Unchecked custom values in the transform to checkbox window?

Thanks

Comment

That's the thing... on the BOTH tab I use a custom value of Y for checked N for not checked. If I go to the individual tabs, it changes... it's weird.

Attached Files

Comment

After you update the record via the edit grid for that column do you see any errors in the Valence Errors application?

Comment

No errors... not even warnings.

Comment

Did we ever resolve this issue?

Comment

Greg, just to confirm, you got this worked out, right?

Comment

Hi Greg -

My memory is vague...but I seem to remember we had a call on this and found that one of the files in the data source was not updatable?

Comment

That is true... but we were not trying to update the field in that file. I have other apps doing the same thing (one field in the file is for a description only) where I simply have a Y or N entered by the user. These are fine. The issue is specifically with the transform to checkbox feature.
                  You may be confusing a different data source.

Pretty sure this issue was introduced in v6.x
                  Last edited by gwilburn; 02-26-2021, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X