• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

create a form not associated with a data source for entering data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• create a form not associated with a data source for entering data

How can I, from a row menu option, throw up a form (or other widget) to ask for data to be used in my RPG program...

On the click of your row menu button you would either show (Hide/Show Widget) or filter (Filter Widget) the form. Your form would need to be configured to have editable fields. In Behaviors, you could add a button to the form to have that call an RPG program (based off of EXNABBTN). Any values entered into the form would be available in the program.

Comment

But how do I create a widget without a data source?

Comment

Every widget requires a data source. The below video (about 21 minutes in) may be useful to you though.

https://youtu.be/vsucJH40ujI

Also, your click of the row menu button could just call an RPG program directly. When you configure this (in Behaviors), you can set "Before Calling Program" to "Prompt User For More Info". This allows you to come specify what pieces of information you want to collect from the user before submitting the call to your RPG program.

Comment

Working...
        X