• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show formatted columns (2 or more fields in 1 gridcell) as separate excel columns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show formatted columns (2 or more fields in 1 gridcell) as separate excel columns

Hi,
    I have a grid with custom formatting that combines 2 fields/columns into 1 grid cell.
    Now the default excel download combines these columns also into 1 cell. I would like to have them separated into a excel column per database column.
    Can that be done?
    Kind regards,
    Theo

Hi Theo,

The "new" Excel download pulls in data from the front-end, so custom formatting/rendering in the browser impacts the output. Try switching it to "Legacy Excel" which does the .xlsx creation from the back-end.

Comment

Hi Robert,

I tried that but then I only get the value of the primary column, the pulled in value isn't shown. And the column header isn't appropriate.
      I also tried with "Include hidden columns", but that only works with PDF.

In this case I have dimension values length, width and height shown on screen as:
      L/W/H
      12/10/11

In the excel I would like to have:
      Lenght Width Height
      12 10 11

Development Suggestion
      Allow to connect another (dummy) grid widget to be used as the template for the excel / pdf download.

Kind regards,
      Theo

Comment

Hi Theo,

We believe we have a solution for this however wont be available until the next Valence 6 update. If you would like this new feature before our next update please email support.

Thanks

Comment

Thanks, I'll wait for the next update.

Comment

This is now available in the latest Valence 6 update.

Comment

Working...
            X