• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8 digit "numeric" dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 digit "numeric" dates

I have a file with a date field in it and it is defined as an 8 digit numeric, is there a way in NAB to treat that field as a date data type for formatting and date selection purposes - i.e. can i select a date from a calendar popup and convert it to 8 digit numeric for adding it to the file?

NAB will only render a date picker when the field is a true date field. You could achieve this instead of using the edit grid by using a form widget. Then have the form widget call your RPG program to add/update or delete your record.

Of course your form widget data source will need a date field so it renders the date picker then you pull in the date and stamp it on your 8 digit field.

You can see a example of this to get you started in the NAB Example "Customer Maintenance" App ID 134

Comment

Working...
    X