• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NAB Drag and Drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAB Drag and Drop

We have a lot of green screen applications that process a text/csv files. Many of the parameters used by the RPG program are stored in database table.
    Currently, the user
    1. Places the file(s) on the IFS in a specific directory
    2. Navigates to green screen menu option
    3. Enters the customer number and presses <F5>

I'd like to replace this with a NAB app that allows the use to select the customer from a drop-down list or a grid, then drag-and-drop the file onto the screen.

I've seen the diaries episode where you can prompt the user to upload the file... just wondering if drag-n-drop was an option in NAB.

If so... what widget(s) do you recommend for use in the app? I will likely use this same type of application structure for quite a few different processes.

NAB doesn't have a way for drag/drop file uploads however you could write your own html/js etc that you would load in a URL widget which could allow for the drop of a file and upload it.

Just remember when linking your URL widget for example on a grid row click you want to check the Apply Portal Security checkbox so you have access to the session id etc.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
    X