• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with ux.boxreorderer in Val 6/extjs 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with ux.boxreorderer in Val 6/extjs 7

This error is showing up in many, many apps now. At first I thought it might be reason my app was failing in my previous post but it does not appear to break anything. Error below from debugger. Its coming from ext.all.js:20, I'm certainly not attempting to use this directly. Appears they have had a bug in this on accordion dating back to extjs 4 with carried through at least 6.2, so I know they are working on this.

GET http://10.29.231.57:7060/dev/FirmOrd...=1600264877519 net::ERR_ABORTED 404 (Not Found)

Error didn't paste well. Another try.

GET http://10.29.231.57:7060/dev/FirmOrd...=1600264877519 net::ERR_ABORTED 404 (Not Found)

Comment

One more time with Code tags maybe? It looks OK when I paste, then changes when I post.

Code:
      GET http://10.29.231.57:7060/dev/FirmOrderInq/Ext/ux/BoxReorderer.js?_dc=1600264877519 net::ERR_ABORTED 404 (Not Found)

Comment

Hi Terry -

Version 7 moved the BoxReorderer.js file to a new location (ext/packages/ux/classic/src).
        I have to go back to the previously mentioned suggestion to use your own Ext codebase so you are not relying on whatever we happen to be using for Valence.

Comment

I'm confused. My code doesn't directly use BoxReorderer, it is used by Extjs 7, then why doesn't Extjs 7 know how to find it? Are you saying the Valence portal doesn't use anything that would trigger use of BoxReorderer (whatever that is), that's why you don't see this error?

I'm used to seeing these minor errors in every Valence version, I don't pay much attention to once I verify it causes no harm. For example, in version 5.2 I would always see errors about not finding "none.png" and stuff like that. Those seem to have disappeared in Val 6 (although limited testing so far), all I see is this BoxReorderer 404 error.

So what fixes this? Me changing code techniques or some change you guys need to make (eventually)?

Comment

Hi Terry -

Something in your application is using BoxReorderer.js otherwise it would not attempt to pull the file. Are you using any plugins?

Without knowing where/how this file is being pulled in I do not know how to tell you to fix it. This reinforces the suggestion that you use your own Ext codebase. You do not want to run different code depending on what version of Valence you are running in.

We can figure out this issue for you and then there will be other problems next time you upgrade. When we create application for customers we pull the Javascript files/framework from a specified directory that does not change unless we want it to...as we do not want an external process (such as installing a new version of Valence) to force us to. The Portal should not care what is run inside of it, if it works in one version it should work in any version. That is because the applications that run within it should be self encapsulating. When you pull your framework code from whatever version Valence happens to use you are opening yourself up to these problems for every upgrade.

Comment

Sean, I am not using any plugins in most of these apps. This doesn't make any sense to me at all. The most obvious solution to me is quit upgrading Valence at all unless there is something I really need. The new logon interface is nice and I like the smaller app icons. But with us not being NAB users, neither of those things is reason enough to put up with any of this nonsense. There was nothing "wrong" with 5.2, anymore than I really care if I use extjs 6.2 or extjs 7. I just need stuff to work today that worked yesterday.

I'm not sure why you don't get I still have 5.2 running, Val 6 is essentially a test system at this point. My thought was you guys would help me find and fix this stuff (when you have time), you always have in past. I'm not an idiot, my users aren't down or anything.

Comment

Hi Terry -

I think we are having a communication breakdown. Please call us on the support line as it will be easier to discuss than go back and forth here.

thanks,
                Sean

Comment

Working...
                X